Monday, February 24, 2014

Trippin'
A night trip home
    from Winchester
is one of colors and shadow.
From Winchester to Lexington
    the night sky gets brighter as I go
            changing from the stark white at
                    the 64 on-ramp
                          to pink and gray (with a tinge of blue)
                                as I cruise pass Lexington.
Once past the city lights,
       eighteen wheel trucks dwarf my Buick
            until I can pass them:
                  and keep on truckin'.
As I approach Georgetown
        the lights above and along the interstate
              look like a tangled mess
                    of over-grown Christmas lights.
Once past there though
        the night gets darker and darker
until I get to the Corinth exit
        where a glaring splash of light
             at the Marathon station
                 lets me know:
I am nearly home!

No comments:

Post a Comment