Thursday, February 6, 2014

Ice and misery (but some extra sleep)

The weather has been absolutely awful lately. Night before last we had an ice storm and lost power at 7:30 pm or so. We were without power until sometime this morning. Jeanine and I spent last night at my Mom's house in Lexington. School was cancelled (again) in Harrison county. BCTC was put on a two hour delay. And we slept in a bit. (Actually, I slept in a lot sine I'm normally up by 6:30 am and today I didn't wake up till about 9:30 and didn't get up for another hour or so; quite a luxery, reading Reader's Digest and the Smithsonian Magazine instead of popping out of bed before first light.)

So the dog and cat are in Lexington for another night. And Jeanine and I will go back to Mom's for another night. More snow (but no ice) is on the way. My car sits at the road, a quarter mile forom the house-- still encased in ice and snow. This winter may never end.


No comments:

Post a Comment