Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Halligan the Wonder Dog

In case you were wondering about Halli, she's the biggest goofball on earth. Here's proof, in case you find Bill's poems a bit far-fetched:


She likes to play in the spray from the hose while I'm trying to water my plants. Leaping around like a complete derp, she bites and snaps at the water, ending up completely soaked.

This is the same dog who panics when it rains--let one drop of rain hit her and she is banging on the back door: Mom...Mom! MOM! It's raining, Mom! Lemme in, lemme INNNN! Mom! Mommy! I'm gonna melt, I'm melting! MOMMMM!!

The other day I got distracted by her antics and fished out my phone. Set on "multi-shot," I probably took 50 photos of her bouncing around, and here are the best ones. It's not easy to photograph a moving target when you're trying to spray a hose with one hand and not drench your camera.

All Bill's poems are true. She does steal clothes off the line. She does corner snakes under rocks. She does chase turkeys, and is amazed when they fly away.

You definitely can't say she's unhappy--being a rescue dog pretty much guarantees that a dog will appreciate living the good life in a home instead of a shelter, and her story is one of early abuse and neglect. But now? Pure joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment